Morrells Handwriting Tutor Training
This is an in-depth training session and is split into two 2 hour training sessions and one free virtual consultation to help you set up virtual lessons.
Each tutor receives a full set of the Morrells Handwriting resources; handwriting aids; ongoing support whenever it is required and a certificate of training.
Your tutor profile will be added to our website and promoted across all of the Morrells handwriting social media platforms to help you get started. View Tutor Profiles
Once qualified, the Morrells Handwriting tutors are not part of a franchise. This enables individual tutors to run handwriting lessons alongside their current tutoring business. However, every Morrells Handwriting tutor must use the Morrells Handwriting scheme and method to teach handwriting.
The 2 hour theory course includes:
- the environmental problems that can lead to poor handwriting skills
- identifying developmental problems and root causes that can affect handwriting
- developing dexterity – important for speed and fluency
- supporting the human development needed for legible handwriting
- the importance of postural control for auditory processing and the correct sitting position to write
- correcting a poor pencil grip for left and right-handers
- teaching letter formation using the magic root letters
- cursive (joined-up handwriting) when and how to introduce it
- case studies – identifying handwriting problems and how to correct them.
The 2 hour practical course includes:
- exercises to warm up the hands for handwriting
- how to teach a child to pick up a pencil correctly
- how to teach pencil grip, pencil control and paper position for both left and right-handers
- hand dominance
- handwriting practice using the handwriting families and how to develop handwriting
- unpicking joining technique issues
- case studies – unpicking handwriting issues
- teaching a handwriting lesson to an individual
- teaching handwriting to a group of children
- teaching in-person and virtual handwriting lessons
- the Morrells Handwriting resources and how to use them
- a full run through of a handwriting lesson using the Morrells Handwriting resources.